http://www.dillsconventionalwisdom.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wake up America!


I got to the convention earlier on Tuesday and was glad not to have missed Dennis Kucinich speak. The guy is just fun to watch, and I was up close. It is exciting to walk down to the convention floor and stand next to Wolf Blitzer and watch political heavy weights do their thing. I recommend trying to see Kucinich's "Wake up America!" speech.

Then I bumped in to Morning Joe Scarborough from MSNBC. I was surprised to overhear this conservative former GOP congressman from Florida predict an Obama victory in November. When we spoke he told me the same thing. I'm still deciding if this is good information or not.

Lilly Ledbetter's speech struck a personal chord with me. She is the woman whose gender discrimination case against Goodyear Tire was struck down by Justice Alito in a shocking and ominous decision by the U.S. Supreme Court. Her case and the Fair Pay Act is Exhibit A in support of our fight for the presidency and Tom Allen's seat. Legislation to overturn the Ledbetter decision was passed in the US House, but failed in the senate, thanks in good part to McCain failing to support it.

No comments:

 
http://www.dillsconventionalwisdom.blogspot.com/